Range of application
Quality testing of drive modules (front-mounted rear-axle with drive shafts) of passenger vehicles and light commercial vehicles.
Suitable for measurement and correction of the unbalance, improvement of the NVH characteristics through vibro-acoustic evaluation of the assembly structure as well as diagnosis of the noise properties of components (differential, drive shaft, bearing).
Application in production, integrated into the assembly line.
Single-station machine with fully automatic test sequence, loading and unloading by a pallet system.
Consisting essentially of vibration isolated machine frame for testing as if installed, measurement and control cabinet with test-stand PC and drive, positioning device for adaptation to the work-piece type on hand, protective enclosure.
Sequence of operations
- Transport the rear-axle module on pallet by roller conveyor and close the protective equipment (loading door)
- Lift the pallet, clamp, couple the drive and synchronizer, attach the sensors for unbalance measurement, lower the pallet, close the safety devices.
- Fully automatic test sequence: Check the length of the drive shaft (with type mix), run up and regulate the load, measure the required torque and differential ratio, measure the initial unbalance, structure-borne sound and the possible test weight and correction positions, brake, index, add the test weight, and carry out a further measuring run, brake, index, remove the test weight, calculate the co- efficient and initial unbalance. Compare with tolerances (for coefficient and unbalance).
- When out of tolerance: Index for unbalance correction, open the operating doors, manually add the unbalance correction according to the display, close the doors and perform a check run.
- When in tolerance: Mark, travel to home position, open loading doors, move the pallet out.